Top 5 Best mini kegerators of 2019
Mini kegerators are really good option for those who do not have budget to buy big kegerator. After tedious research by testing number of Mini Kegerators and considering number of customers reviews, we came up with top 5 Best mini kegerators of 2020 and reviewed them thoroughly.
I’m a big beer drinker, and there is nothing like coming home after a hard day and enjoying a cold draught beer in the comfort of your own home. I used to dream about having a small enough kegerator to keep in my house so I could enjoy a draft beer everyday or when I had people over, and now I have found some mini kegerators that I think you will want to have too.
Making the wrong purchase could cost you in the long run and could even put your keg of beer at risk! It is natural to feel overwhelmed when looking at so many different reviews, but I hope to cut through a lot of the confusion and give you what you came here for. So before you spend the money, make sure that you are getting the top small kegerator for your needs.
Check Top selling mini kegerators at Amazon. After reading this post, you will get clear idea of which one to buy for your needs.
Top Mini Kegerators of 2020
I have reviewed various mini kegerators in my quest for the best one and believe me there isn’t one that is 100% perfect, but based on our experience, feedback from various people, and a lot of beer drinking :), here are the suggested top 5 products with a quick comparison:
Edgestar mini kegerator
13 x 15 x 15 inches
16.3 x 10.7 x 16.9 inches
KRUPS and HEINEKEN B100
21 x 12 x 18 inches
Top rated Mini Kegerator reviews
Now you can read reviews of portable kegerator listed below with pros and cons. Read kegco vs Edgestar kegerators comparison chart.
- 1 Top Mini Kegerators of 2020
- 2 Top rated Mini Kegerator reviews
- 3 Avanti Portable Beer Dispenser
- 4 What is a Mini Kegerator ?
- 5 Who Should Buy a small kegerator?
- 6 Types of mini kegerators
- 7 How to choose the best mini kegerators for home use?
- 8 Where to buy best compact kegerator?
KRUPS & HEINEKEN
KRUPS and HEINEKEN is the best small kegerator in the market. It got really nice reviews on Amazon.
The Krups Kegerator is another great mini kegerator that is as popular as the EdgeStar. It is lighter than the EdgeStar so it may prove more portable and easier to carry. Krups is also partnering with Heineken to try and monopolize the market.
If you are strictly a Heineken drinker then this may be the kegerator for you. It also has an LED temperature gauge which stays consistently at 37.4 degrees. Unlinke the Krups, the EdgeStar gives you the advantage of varying the temperature if you want it a little warmer. Personally, I don’t know why you would want it warmer, but the option may prove beneficial.
The Krups has a lot of great qualities. It comes with a drip tray that is removable, ensuring that your countertop or other surface is kept clean after pouring beer. Since it is removable, this makes it a lot easier to clean. Also, I’m always looking for a product with a warranty, and thankfully Krups gives you a 2 year warranty.
The reviews for the Krups Kegerator are slightly better than the EdgeStar, and there are more reviews to base your opinion on. But, if you like to use other mini kegs besides Heineken or Newcastle, then you can go for EdgeStar, because you can purchase a conversion kit to allow you to use other brand kegs.
If Heineken or Newcastle is your beer of choice then you might want to stick with the Krups B100 BeerTender. Another benefit that the Krups has is its price. It is slightly less than the EdgeStar, so if you are looking to bargain shop then Krups may be the one you should
- It maintains beer at constant temperature of 37.4 degrees F.
- Its compressor is ultra quiet, so this mini keg dispenser will not make any noise during its operation.
- It uses Heineken Draught Keg Technology which keeps Beer tender with micro foam.
- It uses efficient Peltier cooling technology which provides constant and consistent cooling of the keg for longer duration.
- The DraughtKeg and Beertender keep beer fresh for 30 days after tapping.
- It weighs only 14.3 pounds and dimensions are 21x21x18 inches. So, you can carry this keg any where you like.
- Its inbuilt carbonator pressure unit which releases Co2 every time the tap is opened keeps beer cool and fresh.
- It has LED temperature indicator, so you check at what temperature you are maintaining beer.
- Its other features like large removable drip tray with 5 draught tubes.
- Due to less power consumption of 70 watts makes purchase of this model mini kegerator a good choice.
- It is covered for 2-year worldwide warranty.This is the best mini kegerator among all brands.
- It is designed to work only with Heineken, Heineken Premium Light and Newcastle Brown Ale models. So you cannot use it with other models of kegs.
- Some users complained they get a 3/4 cup of foam and only 1/4 cup of beer, but later solved by keeping cup in horizontal position before filling.
- And also after pressing the throttle gentle, so the beer is released slowly without much foam.
EdgeStar mini kegerator
EdgeStar makes a great product that will keep your beer ice cold! Personally I think it tastes better the colder you can get it and 38 degrees is perfect for beer. It is small and works perfectly as a tabletop dispenser.
It has a really cool electronic feature for it’s temperature control. The cool thing about it is that it will preserve the mini keg at the temperature of your choosing for optimal drinking. As with most kegerators this size it holds a 5 liter mini keg.
A big question I have for all 5 liter kegerators is can they tap and serve any 5 liter keg or just Heineken? Fortunately, the EdgeStar is perfectly equipped to do so. To be able to do so you have to purchase a conversion kit.
Also, the EdgeStar is fairly portable! While it works great on your tabletop, the AC and DC power adapters gives you the opportunity to carry it to a tailgate party or RV! It is clear that this is a great product that will keep your mini keg cold for a long time, but how are the reviews and what about the price?
Edgestar mini kegerator features include blue LED lighting internally with on/off switch, Chrome faucet and Easy upgrade kit available to fit any brand of mini kegs.
- Its temperature range can be set between 38 and 54 degrees F.
- This model includes cleaning kit for cleaning every week.
- It has mini keg capacity of 5 litres which is a standard volume for a small keg.
- This EdgeStar Draft mini Beer Dispenser supports Heineken 5 liter Draught kegs but will work with non-pressurized kegs with optional accessory kit.
- This edgestar portable mini keg is calm and quiet during operation even without Vibration.
- Its Peltier thermoelectric cooling and Internal fan-forced air circulation technology keeps beer at right temperature for long time and keeps draft beer fresh.
- It is ideal for any type of beer lover and this mini kegerator will be a hit with your friends & family.
- The EdgeStar 5-Litre Mini Kegerator is an advanced beer dispensing system which uses DraughtKeg carbonator pressure technology to give a pour of beer every time with pub quality.
- This portable kegerator features temperature controls with electronic switch which keeps the mini keg at your required temperature for drinking.
- Due to its compact size, lightweight construction and inclusion of AC & DC power adapters enables the EdgeStar to readily go from the home countertop to a tailgate party.
- Some customers had issues with the beer flow and also beer hardens in the tube and finally it stops dispensing, however it was solved by using new tubes.
SPT Mini beer Dispenser
This SPT BD-0538 5-litre Beer Kegerator is perfect suitable for beer lovers who conduct party frequently at home use.
You will get 3 numbers of Mini Kegerator CO2 Cartridge, 6 Connector Seals, 2 numbers of Heineken Connector, CO2 Connector, Beer Tube, Keg Seal, 4 Tube Seal Circle and Cleaning Bottle.
This countertop 5-liter mini beer dispenser is perfect for home parties and for small gatherings.
- You can control pressure by using CO2 cartridge and you will get three (3) CO2 cartridges with purchase.
- It will Chill the beer within 20 hours and stores it at the ideal temperature of 32 to 39 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Since it has CO2 cartridge pressure system and Thermo-electric cooling technology, this portable keg can keep your beer fresh like home brew beer and fresh up to 30 days without losing quality.
- You can adjust temperature with push button and it will be displayed with LED Adjustable temperature
- It has Stainless steel housing which protects from rusting and removable drip tray for easy cleaning.
- SPT BD-0538 is Free Standing type model and weighs only 13.9 pounds, which is easier to carry any place.
- It is cheapest among all models mentioned here, but no compromise to quality like other small beer kegerators listed here.
- Some users complained the fan is making loud noise when it is on, but noise shuts down when it reaches the desired temperature.
Avanti Portable Beer Dispenser
The Avanti has a unique feature that the other kegerators do not have. One of the more interesting things about this 5 liter kegerator is that it can accommodate up to two, 5 liter kegs.
So, if you are having a party and a lot of your friends are going to be drinking from your mini keg, you may need the added security of the Avanti so you can have colder draught beer for the long run.
Unlike the EdgeStar the tap can’t be changed so you are stuck with what they give you. Another thing to note is the Krups BeerTender is very quiet, but the Avanti can be loud while keep your keg cool.
I should also tell you that the draft tube is very small so it will not pour fast like a traditional bar tap. Unfortunately, it can take a little time to fill a pint glass. This is one of the reasons why its rating is not as good as the other three kegerators.
Also, the price is challenging. This small kegerator is the most expensive of the three, and the price difference is notably different! Will it keep your keg cold…yes, but you can find better quality for the price with the other three, and particularly with the EdgeStar and the Krups.
What is a Mini Kegerator ?
In general Mini keg coolers or Portable Keg Coolers are mini versions of standard regular sized kegerators, which are mainly used at home or for small parties. It is used to keep mini kegs cold with optimal draft beer dispensing.
Mini kegs are portable keg coolers can hold 1.5 gallons or five litres of beer i.e equivalent to just over 10 pints of beer. That’s why they are also called as 5 litre kegerators.
Among all Brands KRUPS and HEINEKEN mini Kegerator is the best one in the market.
You can build a kegerator from a fridge with DIY conversion kit at home. Buy kegerator conversion kit to build.
Who Should Buy a small kegerator?
Mini kegs are ideal for small groups of people who love cold refreshing beer.
Small kegerators overcome disadvantage of Traditional beverage coolers that occupy more space in fridge or cooler and could not keep beer cold for long time.
By using portable kegerator, you can keep your beer cold by maintaining constant and optimal temperature for the perfect glass of draft beer. By using keg taps, you get a perfect pint without getting a glass half full of foam.
Types of mini kegerators
- Pressurized kegs with top dispensing and gravity dispensing kegs
- Pressurized kegs with top dispensing
- Non-pressurized kegs
- Pre-pressurized draught kegs
By using conversion kit, Pre-pressurized draught kegs can be used with all types of mini keg dispensers.
How to choose the best mini kegerators for home use?
To select the Beer Keg Dispenser you have to consider few things:
1. The Price
When I look for a product I don’t necessarily look for cheap, but for quality. An added bonus of this product is it is one of the cheapest out there. It is great to find a product that saves you money and delivers cold satisfying beer at the same time!
2. Key Features
The goal of a kegerator is to keep your beer ice cold, and I like that you can adjust the temperature of this kegerator to suit your drinking needs. I also like that it is easily portable and is very versatile because of the AC and DC cords.
3. Keeping it cold!
This mini kegerator is better than the rest because it does what it is meant to do…it keeps your beer cold! Not only does it keep it cold, but it keeps it cold longer because it is built to last.
4. Conversion kit
I haven’t mentioned it much here, but EdgeStar has made it optional for you to purchase a conversion kit. If you plan on drinking anything other than a Heineken or Newcastle then you will need the conversion kit. For a few dollars more you can purchase this kegerator and a conversion kit, and be able to drink your beer of choice.
The other things to consider are reviews, Warranty and Customer service.
Where to buy best compact kegerator?
You can buy small kegerators at different stores but it is recommended to buy at amazon.com. The biggest advantage with Amazon is that you can read genuine reviews. This way you can get a good knowledge of the product before you buy it.
I really hope that these unbiased reviews will help you in your purchase. After reading my reviews you can probably clearly see which is my favorite 5L kegerator. The verdict goes to the KRUPS mini keg dispenser! To me it is a toss up between EdgeStar and the KRUPS, but for me the later was the winner.
After reading all reviews of best mini kegerator, you have got some idea to choose better model of portable kegerator for home use. You can decide based on your requirements and budget. Please Check User reviews of mini kegerators at Amazon to see more options from all the top brands available in market.